In honor of Parshat Shelach, where the mitzvah of Tzitzit and Tekhelet is given to Am Yisrael, we continue our tradition of Shabbat HaTekhelet, to promote the beautiful mitzvah and to learn more about it.
Please find below a list of resources that may be beneficial in your preparations for discussing the topic.
Featured Audio by Rabbi Meir Soloveichik
Misheyakir – Comprehensive collection of articles both for and against the identification of the Murex trunculus as the Chillazon.
- Levush HaAron, Rav Meir Hellman
- Identifying the Chilazon, Rav Chaim Twerski
- The Secret of the Lost Color, The Jerusalem Post
- The History and Meaning of Tekhelet, Dr. Baruch Sterman
- A List of Articles on Tying Tekhelet
- Becoming Holy, Harav Yaakov Medan
- Various Rabbanim Discuss Tekhelet
- A Glimpse into the Mind of a Posek, Rav BenZion Halberstam
- Techeiles and Mesorah, Rav Herschel Schachter
- Why Do So Many Gedolim Still Not Wear Tekhelet, Rav Aryeh Lebowitz
- The Mitzvah of Tzitzit: Rational vs Irrational, Rav Meir Soloveitchik
- HEADLINES (Rav Dovid Lichtenstein) – Should we be wearing techeiles
- Questions and Answers About Tekhelet, Rav Yisroel Belsky
For Further Study…
We encourage you to browse our comprehensive library, and our site in general to find more information about all topics related to Tekhelet.